USU Paper & Clay National Juried Exhibition
The Department of Art + Design in conjunction with the Caine College of the Arts at Utah State University is sponsoring a national juried exhibition for current BFA & MFA students. Work must have been completed in the past two years.
Juror: Yoomi Nam
Yoonmi Nam was born and raised in Seoul, South Korea, spending part of her youth in Canada. She received a BFA degree in Printmaking from Hong-Ik University in Seoul, Korea. She moved to the U.S. to study at the Rhode Island School of Design, where she received a MFA degree in Painting/Printmaking in 2000. Her work considers cross-cultural experience and sense of transience through observations of everyday objects and occurrences. Yoonmi has received grants and awards to support her creative research and travel. Some notable ones include, a Solo Exhibition Award from The Print Center in Philadelphia, MI-LAB Artist Residency Award in Japan, the Hall Center Creative Work Fellowship at The University of Kansas, and the Ngwang Choephel Fellowship from the U.S. State Department. Her work has been shown both nationally and internationally including countries such as Japan, New Zealand, Scotland, Korea, Germany, Poland, Mexico, Bulgaria, Italy, Sweden, and Paraguay. Yoonmi has taught at RISD and Washington University in St. Louis. Currently, she teaches at the University of Kansas, where she has been a faculty member since 2001.
All 50 states
- Up to 3 works represented by up to 6 images.
- Maximum size for 2D work: 24” high and 60” wide.
- Maximum size for 3D work: 36” in any direction and up to 50lbs max.
- All 2D artwork should be framed and ready to hang.
Shipping to and from the exhibition will be the responsibility of the artist.
All fine art printmaking mediums, including relief, intaglio, lithography, silkscreen, monotype, and letterpress will be accepted. Prints must be hand-pulled.
*Digital media, drawings, photographs, or direct reproductions are NOT eligible. Only two-dimensional works will be accepted.
Multi-media works will be accepted, but submissions must be at least 75% ceramic.
- $500, Best of Show
- $300, 2nd Place
- $200, 3rd Place
- $100, Honorable Mention
- December 17, 2018: Online submission ends
- January 8, 2019: Notification of acceptance (via email)
- January 25, 2019: Deadline for arrival of accepted artwork (must include a pre-paid return shipping label)
- February 4, 2019: Exhibition opens in Tippetts and Eccles Galleries
- February 27, 2018: Closing Reception, 5 - 8 p.m.
- March 1, 2019: Exhibition ends